Pages

Friday, August 28, 2020

What's in a Site? DFI- Day 6

The greatest learning I think that we can have as educators, is to learn from one another. Whether that be by looking at something someone has created, watching a video (tutorial), talking in person, or reading instructions. The list can go on.....

Today was really beneficial to me as I was able to look at a range of different Learning Sites to see what was visually appealing and also to see what works functionally.

After looking at our Collaborative Site, it was clear to me that I would need to work on a few things:

1) I needed to make all of my content visible. There were a few things that others were not able to see as I hadn't set those visibility settings right back at the Google Drive level.



2) I learnt that you could put a twitter feed up on your site, so have done this so that the children will be able to see things that are happening in the Te Ara Tuhura Cluster (in live time).

3) I set up Google Analytics, so now I need to go and look at how I can put this onto my Site / Blog as well.

4) I wanted to create some buttons for our Site to make it a little more appealing to the students as well.

How blessed are we to have this time to have a look at these things and to be able to put some things into action!

Here is our Collaborative Site- check it out here. Please feel free to comment with other suggestions that we could do to make our Site even better!

DFI Day 6

Some of my key learning's / take away's from today are:
* To make a connection, we need both parties to share- communication is the key. If there is no backwards and forwards then how can we make a connection?
* I learnt that Google Plus has become 'Currents'
* I picked up on a few tools that I want to look into a little further (after looking at other's learning sites)- Visuwords, creating a Padlet with learning activities on it, Slidesmania, Spell Zone


* I want to look further into Hapara Workspace's and look at some of the resources that my bubble group facilitator Venessa shared with me
* I want to add a photo album to our Collaborative Site, as well as a Whanau Page
* I learnt more about dealing with SPAM on Blogger
* I want to look more into Student Dashboard

It has been another great day full of idea sharing, collaboration and reflection.

1 comment:

  1. Amber,
    It's great to see that you shared your goals for your site on your blog. I can see that you have achieved those and it looks great. The twitter feed will make it easy for students to quickly comment on other's blogs within the cluster. Just be sure that the students don't actually go to twitter, rather they follow the links within the feed.
    It's always worthwhile having a look at other's sites and seeing what you can borrow from there. By the looks of it, you have managed to come away with quite a few things to add to your own kete. Ka pai!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post