Pages

Friday, August 14, 2020

Blog Post Frequency Analysis- DFI Day 4

 

 
Firstly, I would like to acknowledge Mele from Panmure Bridge School in Auckland, for her inspiring post on analysing your blog post data. You can find a link to her original post here
As you can see from my data, I have a lot less data to share when it comes to blog posts. This has really highlighted for me that I need to continue to build my blogging frequency.

DFI Day 4- Dealing with Data


So today's DFI session didn't go quite as planned. I take a glance up, as I was about to learn more about Google My Maps (something I have never previously encountered) and my poor wee kitten is frothing at the mouth! This is my very first cat that I have owned, so must admit, I did freak out quite a lot. I headed straight to the vet and one injection later, he seems to be a lot more settled. Thanks to rewindable learning, I will be able to catch up on that learning later in the week!

There are a number of takeaways for me from today:
* I have learnt more about Google Forms and feel like I have a greater handle on using them. It was fun to see that you can specify what information you want to collect and in what format (Google Drawing, Image, Audio, etc). I liked too that you can import questions from previous forms into the form you are currently making. A cool thing too is that you can shuffle the question order for students so that those with shifty eyes can't copy off others.
* Google Sheets- well I must admit that when you say "Google Sheets", my heart tends to race and I need to sit down! I have learnt a lot about sheets and smarter ways to create and utilise information within them. I learnt about conditional formatting and filters and can really see how useful these features will be when collecting and analysing data. Must I say it..... but it can even be fun! The cool thing is that you can also use the 'explore tool' to search up anything you are unsure of doing.
* I learnt how to create a 'sparkline' in Google Sheets and am going to taker this new learning back to my school to show the teachers and children.
* I also learnt how to insert a link into my blog comment. Another fantastic thing to show teachers and students back at school. Just insert this link here into your blog comment: 
<a href="insert URL here">Insert display text here</a>
Then copy the URL of the link into the space where it tells you to!

So I am very much looking forward to consolidating some of my learning and trying out some of these new tools. As always, a real pleasure to be a part of the Manaiakalani DFI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post