Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Story, check! Storyteller, check! Feeling pumped!

Following a great chat with Lis Swanson (Story Telling Schools) last term and meeting with Di Robinson (Mātauraka Mahaanui Facilitator) yesterday, I am feeling like this is going to come together nicely. I have a few stories that I believe can be used to enhance boys writing through the mode of Storytelling. The first story I am going to do is 'The Story of the Pouākai.' This story is rich in language, facts and has lots of gore (which the boys will love)!
I have adapted some parts of the story to add detail and richness to it. 

The richness of the story too, can most certainly be enhanced through the storyteller, and I believe I may just have one! A David Attenborough in the making.....(watch this space).

I have mapped out my ideas using some of the important resources/ activities in my classroom and found further afield. I have also begun jotting down some of the essentials that will hold this project true in relation to Manaiakalani and also 'Storytelling.'

I am looking forward to having this take shape and trialing with my class this term.



2 comments:

  1. Amber so good to see how your confidence has been given a boost from the Summit and how this will feed back into what you are doing in your classroom. It is also so reassuring to know that we are on the right track in NZ and that also helps our practice. What are you thinking of changing now that you are back in the classroom or are you feeling you are on the right track and will just amplify? You have the light back in your eyes and we look forward to hearing whee you are up to in your intervention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne, thanks for your comment. I have hit the ground running this term by adapting how I do my planning for groups. I am now planning on Google Slides so that the children can access their learning more freely. I have also shared some of the learning at a couple of SLAM dunk sessions for the whole staff. I also took on board a discussion I had with Dave and am running a Google site set up session for Staff over the next couple of weeks. My intervention has had a minor slip back but fingers crossed will be up and running by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post