Pages

Friday, April 26, 2019

Coromandel Retreat- MIT

The first session was great, getting to know the other MIT's for 2019. We heard more about Manaiakalani and why they do what they do. It is evident that behind the scenes, there are some very passionate and inspiring people. The data and evidence behind it proves it works, so it is important when designing my tool, that the Pedagogy of Learn, Create, Share is evident and that blogging is part of the process.

I came away very excited about what the future sessions were going to hold for me.

Day two and we had a very confronting session which was actually really good. We really had to look at the problems we had posed and refine and make them explicit. What actually is the problem that our cluster of students or schools hold?
From this process, my problem was defined and made clearer. In our cluster:
'Maori at most levels ended 2018 below the National norm in Writing.'

The crazy 8's activity allowed for us to come up with any crazy ideas that we could come up with, when thinking of a tool to create. Using these ideas, the other MIT's and facilitators voted on the ideas they thought might work or that had merit. This process has shaped my potential tool as there were many things that could fit within the tool that I am going to create.
We also looked at the 'WHO.' We are not going to be able to do this alone, so who do we need to have in our corner?
A very beautiful retreat which enabled us to focus on what we were there for. Creating networks and relationships with our fellow MIT and facilitators, refining and defining our tools and gaining a better understanding of Manaiakalani.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post