Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2019

How are we going? MIT2019

I think it's important to document the process and journey that I am on as then I can look back at what worked, what didn't work and then look at the next possible steps. It can be tricky at times to document your whole journey and all the little moments of thinking and changes / adaptions you go through along the way. I think that as a profession we are always being reflective and looking at other ways that we can do things more effectively. I do however think that sometimes we have our own 'intended curriculum' and the things that we want our students to learn and don't check in with the students to get their voice and feedback. Are the students getting what we are intending them to get?

Up until this point I have shared my intervention with the Staff at my school and have had informal feedback from the Deputy Principal, commenting on a sample of writing from my students. I have also done a midway survey with my students to gain student voice in regards to what they are enjoying / not enjoying about the Digital Storytelling Resource, what they have learnt and where some next possible steps could be for this resource. 

Here is the feedback here:




I have highlighted some of the key themes from the feedback so that I can take some of this on-board as I put together the next story. It has been an interesting process as the use of this resource essentially takes a term to use, so the final feedback (for this story) will come later in the Term and of course the data (E-asTTle Writing Sample) will come early next term.
Informally, I have the writing samples, digital learning objects/ activities that the children have created which show the learning that the students are making. I have the discussions that I have had with my students and anecdotal notes in my planning too. Formally, I have not done an E-asTTle Writing sample as I we have these coming up early Term 4. 

My next steps however will be: 
To get formative data so that I can show the shift in their writing level



1 comment:

  1. Morena Amber
    The testing you have done has given you some really useful and interesting feedback to work on going forward. It is so helpful to really drill down like you have done to get a better picture of what happened, so good on you for being patient and continuing with the tweaks and thinking. It will be interesting to see what happens with EAstle results and other conversations. Look forward to seeing the final product at the Wananga. Good on you for resilience and purpose and being creative.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post